Serves: 1-2 Ingredients: Russet potato - 1 big Salt - as required Oil - 1 tbsp Water - as required
- Wash the potato well and peel skin. Cut into long thin strips.
- Rinse cut strips in water, then submerge in enough water and soak for 30mins, up-to overnight.
- Remove potato from water and rinse well.
- Pat them dry thoroughly using kitchen towel.
- Toss them in 1 tbsp of oil, making sure to coat all pieces evenly.
- Place fries in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 350F.
- Remove basket and shake fries to allow air circulation.
- Cook for 5 more minutes at 350 F.
- Remove fries onto a cooling rack and let them cool to room temperature.
- The fries can be put in a zip-lock bag and kept in the freezer for later use at this stage if required.
- Place the cooled fries back in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 4 minutes at 400F.
- Remove basket and shake fries.
- Cook for another 4 minutes at 400 F, or until fries turn golden.
- Remove and sprinkle salt evenly while the fries are hot.
- Serve hot.