In Hot Oil:
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Add vatthal pieces slowly without over crowding.
- It should puff up and float to the top in a few seconds.
- Remove from oil immediately as it will burn very fast.
- Repeat for other batches.
In Air fryer:
Does NOT work at all for making vatthal.
- Tried to fry by placing in wire basket, and used the top cover provided to prevent it from flying up into the fan. Didn’t fly, just stayed down and burnt.
- Coated vatthal in a little oil before frying. Same result as batch with no oil – burnt without cooking.