Serves: 2-3 Ingredients: Desiccated coconut - 1/2 cup Roasted bengal gram - 3 tsp Green chili - 3 Mustard seeds - 1 tsp Urad dal - 1 tsp Asafoetida - 1 pinch Curry leaf - 3 Oil - 2 tsp Salt - as required Water - as required
- Soak coconut in water for 10 minutes.
- Grind together soaked coconut, green chili, roasted bengal gram, required water and salt into a smooth paste. Add sufficient water to create chutney of desired thickness.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle.
- Add urad dal and curry leaf, and fry till dal starts to become golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add asafoetida. Fry for a few seconds using the pan heat.
- Add this to chutney.
- Serve with dosa, idly, etc.