Serves: 2 Ingredients: Bread slices - 6 Onion - 2 small Tomato - 2 small Ginger paste - 1 tsp Red chili powder - 1 tsp Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp Curry leaf - 3 Mustard seeds - 1 tsp Cumin seeds - 1 tsp Oil - 1 tbsp Salt - as required
- Finely chop tomato.
- Cut onion into long thin strips.
- Cut bread slices into small cubes with crust on.
- Toast bread cubes in a pan till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add onion and curry leaves. Saute till onions become translucent, adding little salt to speed cooking. Should take 2-3 mins.
- Add ginger paste and cook till raw smell goes. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Add red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Add a splash of water to prevent powders from browning. Cook till raw smell goes. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Add tomato and a little salt, then saute till tomatoes become mushy. Should take 3-4 mins.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add toasted bread cubes and mix well. Make sure all the pieces are coated with masala.
- Remove from heat and serve hot as it.