Makes 7-8 uthappams Ingredients: Oats - 3/4 cup Rava - 3/4 cup Rice flour - 2 tbsp Onion - 1 Carrot - 1 Green chili - 3 Coriander leaf - 2 tbsp Cumin seeds - 3 tsp Curd - 3/4 cup Water - as required Salt - as required
- Finely chop onion, green chili, and coriander leaf.
- Grate carrot.
- Grind oats into fine powder.
- Mix curd, rava, oats powder, and rice flour in a bowl till well combined.
- Add a little water to make into a thick paste. Keep aside to rest for 30 mins.
- Add all the other ingredients to the paste and combine.
- Add enough water to make a thick but pour-able batter.
- Add salt as required.
- Heat a tava on medium-high.
- Pour one ladle of batter, making sure to get some of the veggies also. Spread into a thick, round uthappam.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of oil (or as required) on and around the uthappam.
- Cover and cook till the top is no longer wet and the bottom looks golden brown. Should take 2-3 mins.
- Flip the uthappam and cook uncovered the other side for another 1-2 mins until cooked through.
- Serve hot with any chutney or side of choice.