Serves: 2-3 Ingredients: Dried red chili - 4 Tomato - 1 Pearl Onion - 8 Garlic clove - 3 Tamarind - 1 tbsp Mustard seeds - 1 tsp Urad dal - 2 tsp Sesame oil - 3 tbsp Salt - as required
- Soak red chili and tamarind in 2 tbsp of hot water for 10 mins.
- Roughly chop tomato.
- Coarsely grind together onion, tomato, garlic, tamarind, and red chili with soaked chili water. Don’t add extra water.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle.
- Add urad dal and roast till golden brown.
- Add 1 tbsp of ground paste and mix well for a few seconds. This will help to bring down pan temperature and prevent splattering.
- Add the remaining paste and salt. Saute well till oil starts to seep out.
- Serve with dosa, idly, etc.