Ingredients: Bread slice - 6-8 Egg - 1 Roasted bengal gram - 1/4 cup Green chili - 2 Coriander leaf - 1 tbsp Onion - 1 small Curry leaf - 2-3 Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp Red chili powder - 1 tsp Salt - as required Water - 2-3 tbsp
- Finely chop onion, curry leaf, coriander leaf, and green chili.
- Grind roasted bengal gram into fine powder.
- Mix all ingredients together except bread and water.
- Add water as required to make a thin paste. Mixture shouldn’t be too runny else the bread will become soggy.
- Heat a tsp oil in a skillet.
- Dip a slice of bread in the mixture to coat both sides, make sure to scoop a little onion on both sides.
- Place flat on skillet. Add a tsp of oil all around, make sure to get the sides.
- Cook on medium heat till one side turns golden brown.
- Flip and cook other side. Should take 2-3 mins for each side.
- Do the same for the remaining slices till batter runs out.
- Dip the bread in the batter only just before placing on the skillet. Don’t let it soak as it will turn out soggy.
- Serve hot on its own or with ketchup.