Serves: 2-3 Ingredients: Raw peanuts - 1 cup Garlic clove - 2 Dried red chili - 2 Curry leaf - 2-3 Tamarind whole - 1 tsp Oil - 1 tsp Mustard seeds - 1 tsp Asafoetida powder - 1 pinch Water - as required Salt - as required
- Dry roast peanuts on low flame till oil starts to release from them. Should take 15-20 mins.
- Grind together roasted peanuts, red chili, curry leaf, garlic, tamarind, and water. Add water slowly till desired consistency is reached. Chutney can be made crunchy by grinding coarsely, or smooth paste depending on preference.
- Add salt as required.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle.
- Turn off heat and add asafoetida powder and fry for a few secs.
- Mix together with ground chutney.
- Serve with dosa, idly, chapati etc.