Serves: 2-3 Ingredients: Uncooked pasta of your choice- 2 cups Avocado - 1 Pesto sauce - 1.5 tbsp Olive oil - 2 tbsp Garlic clove - 2 Lemon juice - 1 tbsp Bacon strips - 3-4 Chicken breast - 1 Red chili flakes - 1 tbsp Chicken seasoning (taco/cajun/any other rubs) - 1 tbsp Salt - as required Pepper - as required
- Pat dry chicken breast. Coat with salt, pepper, and seasoning and rest for 10-20 mins. Then cut chicken into small thin strips and keep aside.
- Chicken and bacon can be skipped for a vegetarian option. You can add steamed broccoli or other veggies/meat of your choice too.
- Heat a skillet, and fry bacon strips till crispy.
- Remove strips and chop into small pieces. Keep bacon fat in skillet.
- Heat the skillet with bacon fat again.
- Place chicken on pan and saute till done with browning on some parts. Should take 7-10 mins.
- Remove chicken from heat and keep aside.
- Bring 3-4 cups water and 1 tbsp salt to a boil in a deep pot.
- Add pasta and cook till done. Save 1 cup of pasta water for later, and discard the rest.
- Grind together avocado, pesto sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Add pasta water slowly and grind until smooth sauce forms.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as required.
- Add sauce, chili flakes, bacon, chicken to cooked pasta.
- Mix well until combined.
- Serve hot.