Serves: 2-3 Ingredients: Button Mushroom - 250gms Peas - 1/2 cup Onion - 1 Tomato - 1 Ginger paste - 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp Grated coconut - 1/4 cup Red chili powder - 1 tbsp Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp Oil - 4 tbsp Fennel seeds - 1 tsp Clove - 3 Cinnamon stick - 1 * 1-inch piece
- Chop onion and tomato finely and keep aside separately.
- Soak the grated coconut in a few tbsp of water, then grind to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add fennel seeds, clove, and cinnamon and wait for it to crackle.
- Add onion and saute till it becomes translucent. Add a little salt to speed up cooking. Should take 3-5 mins.
- Add ginger, garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Add red chili and turmeric powder. Mix well, then add 2 tbsp of water to prevent powder from burning. Saute well till oil starts to separate.
- Add tomato and cook till it becomes mushy and oil starts to seep out.
- Add peas and mix well. Keep cover for 1-2 mins.
- Add mushroom and mix well. Reduce heat to medium low. Add 2-3 tbsp of water and mix and cook covered for 3-5 mins. Mix once in between.
- Mushroom would generally release a lot of water when cooking. If it looks dry after cooking this long, add maximum 1/4 cup of water, little by little.
- Check and add salt as needed.
- Bring heat back up to high and add ground coconut. Mix well and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and garnish with few coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as a side with rice, dosa, chapati etc.