Serves: 2 Ingredients: Prawn - 500 gms (peeled and de-veined) Onion - 1 Tomato - 2 small Coriander leaf - 1 tbsp Mint leaf - 1 tbsp Garlic paste - 1 tbsp Ginger paste - 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder - 1 tbsp Turmeric powder - 2 tsp Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp Salt - as required Fennel seeds - 1 tsp Clove - 2 Cinnamon - 1 * 1-inch piece
- Mix 1 tsp of turmeric with the raw prawn and keep aside.
- Chop onion, tomato, mint, and coriander finely and keep separately.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add fennel, clove, and cinnamon and wait for it to crackle.
- Add onion and fry till translucent and starting to brown. Add a little salt to speed up cooking. Should take 3-4mins.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Saute till raw smell goes. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Add red chili powder and 1 tsp turmeric. Mix well, and add a few tbsp of water to prevent powder from burning. Saute till oil starts to form on the sides.
- Add tomato and mint and fry till it becomes mushy and oil starts to seep out. Should take 6-8 mins.
- Reduce heat and add prawn. Saute till prawn is fully cooked. Should take 2-4 mins. It will become whiter with some orange coloring on top, and will start to curl a little. You can also cut one in half to ensure it is no longer translucent. Raw prawn is bad for health.
- Garnish with coriander leaf and serve hot with rice, dosa, chapati etc.