Makes: 2 sandwiches Ingredients: Bread slices - 4 OR Flatbread(like pita) - 2 Onion - 1 small Tomato - 1 small Ketchup - 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (optional) - 1/2 tsp Mozzarella shredded - as preferred Butter - as preferred
- Chop onion and tomato finely and place in a microwave safe bowl along with italian seasoning.
- Microwave for 1-2 mins on high till raw smell goes.
- Mix in ketchup and microwave on high for another 30 seconds.
- For sandwich: Spread butter on both sides of the bread slices, and toast them.
- For pizza: Heat the side of the flatbread that you will spread the sauce on for a few minutes till firm but not burnt.
- Layer the cheese and onion-tomato mixture in the bread. Given quantity will make two sandwiches/pizzas.
- Microwave for another 10-15 seconds for cheese to melt.
- Place the flatbread side down back on a pan and heat on a low flame for 3-4 mins taking care not to burn. This will make the base crisp and not soggy. You can also do this for the sandwich if the bread has gotten soft.
- Serve hot.