Serves: 2 Ingredients: Tomato - 2 Onion - 1 Dry red chili - 4 Garlic clove - 2 Curry leaf - 2-3 Turmeric - 1/2 tsp Urad dal - 1/2 tsp mustard seed - 1/2 tsp Asafoetida - 1/8 tsp Sesame oil - 2 tbsp Salt - as required
- Roughly chop onion and tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, garlic, curry leaf, and red chili. Fry till raw smell goes. Should take 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, and salt. Saute till raw smell goes and tomato starts to get mushy. Should take 3-4 mins.
- Take pan off heat and let it cool down a little.
- Blend the mixture well, adding a little water and salt if needed to get desired consistency.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle.
- Add urad dal and fry till it gets golden brown.
- Switch off heat and add asafoetida and fry for a minute till smell goes.
- Add this to blended mixture and serve with dosa, idly etc.
Have any leftover? Make Tomato rice the next day!